Monday, October 21, 2013

ABC50 - Recipe Challenge: 3 shapes, 2 patterned papers, 1 ribbon & Divas by Design -Autumn Colors

Hello friends and followers!  This week at ABC Challenges we have a recipe challenge for you to try.  ABC50 - Recipe Challenge is to to use the following: 3 shapes (circles, ovals, squares, stars, hearts, hexagons, etc.), 2 patterned papers and 1 ribbon.  Note: the shapes can all be the same - or 3 different ones.  

My DT card above uses 3 ovals to make the pumpkin.  I decided to challenge myself and see if I could keep my card CAS (clean and simple) while still incorporating the entire recipe.  I think it turned out quite nicely (but am disappointed with the slightly blurry photo).

I'm writing this post up a little early and keeping it very short today as I have to get my house cleaned up and dinner made for 10 to celebrate my Mom's birthday.  Working overtime last week and then getting ready for a card class on Sunday, I have seriously neglected the house cleaning and laundry. Sigh... so guess I'd better get to the cookin', cleanin' and laundry (probably not a good idea to show up for work on Monday in sweats - though it sounds good to me right now :o)).  

My lovely DT teamies have also made some beautiful cards using this Recipe challenge.  I sure hope you will go visit them and then decide to play along this week with ABC50 - Recipe.    

I'm also entering my card in Divas By Design - Autumn Colors.

Til next time lovely friends...hugs and happy crafting!! D


2 comments:

  1. I think you managed what you were aiming for with this card. It definitely has a clean look and you managed to use all the elements required. And on top of that I'll have to say it turned out really beautiful. Hope you'll enjoy your mother's birthday dinner:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Danielle, I love that check paper and fab little pumpkin
    Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!