Monday, October 28, 2013

ABC51 - "What's Old is New Again" - Use your oldest stamp set.

Hello friends - Happy Monday!!  This week at ABC Challenges #51 we would like to see you use your first (or one of your oldest) stamp sets to make a card. I had a lot of fun digging through my forgotten stamps while getting ready for this challenge.  Unfortunately, I recently went through a massive clean out of my craft stuff and sold lots of my old sets (bummer!) at a garage sale. But did keep a few of my favorites from long ago.   It was kind of hard for me to remember which ones were oldest, so I decided to use a stamp from a set that my sister bought for my birthday (many moons ago) when I was just getting started with stamping.   There are 4 sentiments in the set - this one is my favorite. Take a look please...
I think I'm going to have to use the other 3 sentiments now - just because :o). I also might be using some of the other forgotten stamps I found (it felt a bit like Christmas) soon.   

Do you have a basket, or drawer, or closet etc. with some older or forgotten stamps that would love to see some ink and be used on a new and beautiful card?  I'll just bet you do!  

The other ladies on our DT at ABC Challenges have also risen to the challenge and pulled out some old stamps to make some gorgeous cards for your inspiration. Won't you go visit and see what they've made?  I hope that you will decide to join us this week. Till next time... hugs and happy crafting friends! D

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful clean design! The sentiment is so decorative and works perfectly with this design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, this is such a pretty Christmas card. Love the mostly white look... perfect for snow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!