Saturday, June 20, 2015

Kraftin' Kimmie Saturday Challenge #285 - TRY SOMETHING NEW

Hi everyone! Welcome to another weekly challenge at 
Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps!

 I get the pleasure of being your hostess for the theme of this week's challenge.
I've been kind of experimenting lately with different techniques and styles
so I thought it would be fun to make my challenge "Try Something New"!
Now don't let that scare you... it doesn't have to be a technique or style.
Your "try something new" could be a new color combo that you might not
have tried otherwise, or a new embellishment (like wood or charms or washi 
tape).  It could also be using a new/different type of coloring medium.
For example, I usually color with copics - but it might be fun to use
pencils or crayons instead.  If you are really not so hot on trying something
new then use a new stamp and make a creation to share with us.  
Not so scary right??!  Just tell us what your "New" is please.

For my "Try Something New" I made two cards using water techniques
(both of which I learned recently from my talented friend Cindi C). 
The first one is made by giving a piece of watercolor paper a good
soaking with a water and dropping candy sprinkles on it to dissolve
(yep, like the kind of sprinkles you put on your cupcakes or donuts).
I used some quite large sprinkles that took a long time to dissolve so
I'd recommend the smaller little hard sprinkles if you try this.
I can tell you though that this smells good enough to eat - LOL!
I used one of the new Itty Bitty Friends stamp set (Clarabelle)
and a sentiment from the "Make A Wish" sentiment stamp set .
I also have a sweet little button and mini doily on this
card that I got from the Kraftin Kimmie Shop.  

I'm entering this card in The Outlawz Challenges
Twisted Thursday - Theme of "Things w/ Wings"

My second card also uses water but this time I gave
a panel of watercolor paper a good watercolor wash
with a large paintbrush and some Rich Razzleberry ink
(from Stampin Up) then I dropped some kosher salt
crystals all over the panel while it was still wet to
let the salt dissolve the color in areas where it sat.
After it was dry (heat guns are awesome for this) I embossed
a sentiment (from the "Words of Inspiration" stamp set)
in black - sadly I got it a little crooked - and then added
a bunch of prima flowers and some black rhinestones and
that amazing button on the largest flower middle.  This is
a different style for me as I don't usually go so dark with my
colors - but I do like how it turned out with the variation of
colors due to the salt.  Hope you like it too!


I hope that you will be joining us this week for the Kraftin' Kimmie Saturday Challenge!
We always enjoy your creations so be sure to submit them so you can WIN
 a $10 gift card to the Shop!! Show us your stuff!!
Now create a card, scrapbook page or altered item with a Kraftin' Kimmie Stamp
 or any other stamp and be sure to use our THEME as a starting point for your
creation! You will have until June 26th at 11:55 pm EST to get your entries in!

Have you joined the Kraftin Kimmie's Krafty Friends fb group??
 It's the best place to keep up with all of the goings on as well as sharing YOUR
creations and getting inspired by other Krafty Friends' creations!!!

If you are looking for a good deal then hear this...
Frugal Friday specials are UP!!!
 There are some awesome KK Stamps on SALE this weekend -
what a great way to work on your wishlist :o)

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me today.
Til next time...hugs and happy kraftin'! D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave me a comment. It makes my day happier! Hugs!